REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW
The K2 Base Camp Trek is one of the finest treks in the world, unbeatable in terms of close-up mountain views and proximity to many of the world’s highest peaks.
The K2 Base Camp Trek is one of the finest treks in the world, unbeatable in terms of close-up mountain views and proximity to many of the world’s highest peaks. The trekkers will experience, rugged glaciers as they head up to Concordia where the Baltoro and the Godwin-Austen glaciers converge into a beautiful site showing simplicity of ice and rock.
The trekkers will have an opportunity to absorb the unique atmosphere and environment surrounding this unforgettable mountain.
Conditions permitting, we will return via the spectacular Gondogoro La (altitude: 5,500m / 18,045 ft), a dramatic high col that affords further stunning views of not only the Gasherbrum peaks but also Broad Peak, K2 and the Muztagh Tower. The return to civilisation is down
- Registration Fee: £699 – This includes all costs within Pakistan (hotels, food, accommodation, airport transfers and internal domestic flights).
- Fundraising Target: £2,000 – for our #ChildrenOfTheWorld Campaign.
- What’s not included: International UK-Pakistan return flights and visa fees.
ABOUT THE CAUSE
Our Children of the World campaign rebuilds young lives by supporting and strengthening local communities to protect children facing the gravest injustices.
Working in some of the harshest environments you can imagine, we have been able to rescue thousands of children from the street where abuse and exploitation was all they have known. We understand that every country and community is different and our projects are designed to synchronise with the society norms, culture and government policies.
In Bangladesh, we have been rescuing street children since 2014. We have a permanent transitional shelter in Dhaka and also have regular “Schools under the Sky” in busy ferry terminals like Sadarghat which are informal schools aiming to give street children a basic education.
In Pakistan, we are supporting children who are involved in child labour in Peshawar and brothel children in Lahore. Our social mobilisers encourage them to join our informal education centres where we ensure their education and psychosocial wellbeing.
In Kenya, we are working in Africa’s largest urban slum, the Kibera where we have renovated and constructed schools so that children can get an opportunity for an education.
Raising £2,000 does sound like a little daunting at first but if you allow yourself plenty of time and if you put your mind to it, you can do it.
• Get messaging, WhatsApping and sharing your fundraising challenge across your social media platforms.
• Host a dinner night or coffee morning and charge guests for a delicious home-cooked meal or tea and cake.
• Get busy in the workplace, organise a samosa sale or sell Krispy Kremes. Everyone loves a bake sale!
• Speak to your employer. Many employers have match funding schemes and could match your donations pound for pound. If not, there’s always other ways they could help – perhaps organise a dress down day, a quiz night or promote you in their newsletter.
• Dig out your unwanted treasures and organise a car boot or jumble sale.
• Contact your local papers. Tell your story to your local radio station or your newspaper and ensure the wider community get to hear about your incredible efforts.